WHAT IS BLOCKCHAIN?
By allowing digital information to be distributed, blockchain technology created the backbone of a new type of internet. Originally devised for digital currency we have now found multiple other uses for the technology.
Blockchain technology has a number of qualities that make it the optimal platform for CFFOs to operate on:
- It is a distributed database. This has the benefits of ensuring records are truly transparent and verifiable, while the lack of centralised server means there is no single point to attack for hackers.
- By keeping identical copies of data across it’s network that requires multiple validations to add to, the blockchain is transparent and immutable.
- Smart contracts can be programmed to self execute when specific conditions are met. For example a smart contract could be programmed to pay out dividends to members if specific targets are met.
- Voting and governance can be accomplished using blockchain. By making the results transparent and accessible to all members involved, organisational decision-making can be made simpler and more trusted.
- AML and KYC have potential for adoption within the blockchain space. The opportunity for cross-institution verification of individuals and organisations can greatly reduce the currently labour-intensive and costly AML and KYC procedures for many institutions.
For a simple and understandable explanation of what a blockchain is please see the video below, or to find out more about some of the common terms used within the blockchain are check out our glossary of blockchain terms.
The core difference between current systems shown on the left below and blockchain based transactions on the right below is that transactions are not managed centrally but rather in a decentralised network where each participant (node) has a vote on a transaction.
But decentralisation is not the only efficiency which can be achieved by using a blockchain, other benefits include:
- A blockchain provides an enhanced level of security, increasing the security of the system from hacking and fraud.
- It provides an easy mechanism to allow users to securely transfer the assets between parties and facilitates easy audit of user accounts.
- Using a blockchain technology does not mean that the system will need to be a public ledger or open system if this is undesirable. And our Bitcub modules and AI algorithms will help choose the best form of blockchain or DLT for your organisation’s needs.
The system may remain totally private if desirable. The key differences between public and private blockchains are that private (or “permissioned”) blockchains require participants to have an invitation or permission to join.This places restrictions on who is allowed to participate in the network, and only in certain transactions
THAT EXPLAINS BLOCKCHAIN, BUT WHY INVEST IN BITCUB?
At the core of the BITCUB project is technology that has major benefits for those operating in the world of community based finance. This technology uses a new type of blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) providing cost effective and compliant services for management in addition to engaging new products for the community members they serve.
BITCUB technology is the future of the financial services industry, as more and more people are turning away from traditional banks to community focused financial organisations. Investing in our token sale offers you the chance to be an early adopter and reap the personal benefits of being a token holder. These will include:
- Earning a percentage of interest rates accrued by CFFOs that are part of our platform.
- Receiving a percentage of transaction fees which are distributed to our token holders as members of the BITCUB community which are gained, on each transaction. Our AI engine will allow these transaction fees to remain much lower than traditional services, thus encouraging more usage. This will benefit both community organisation members that use the service, as well as allowing token holders and investors to profit.
- Voting rights within the platform and relevant CFFOs for members. Our BITCUB app will allow for easy voting for token holders on important issues.
- Token holders will benefit from more favourable interest rates on savings and loans from participating organisations based on the amount of tokens they hold. Meaning the more BCU you possess, the greater your savings with your Credit Union, Building Society or other CFFO.
- BCU tokens will be listed on exchanges after the ICO and will be able to appreciate in value and used not just as a utility token on our platform but as a valuable investment vehicle.
Investing now during our initial pre-sale phase will grant you a bonus of 20% on every purchase (this bonus will drop to 10% during our 2nd pre-sale phase, and our main token sale phase will sell tokens at the usual rate or 1 BCU for 0.01 ETH). So by acting now, you have a chance to take advantage of this bonus and gain more BCU!